At the University of Neuchâtel, Faculty of Economics and Business
- The effects of foreign ownership on the development of telecommunications and media companies in African countries. Focus on the contribution of human resource management practices to the success of FDI strategies of multinational companies (2016-2018). Research study in collaboration with the University of St. Gallen, funded by the Swiss Network for International Studies, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Data journalism in news media firms: A case study based analysis of managerial challenges and business opportunities of data-driven journalism projects (2014-at present). Ongoing and submitted to the Swiss National Foundation.
- The interplay between media industry transformation and social communication technology change (2012-2014). Sinergia research project. Direction of Sub-project B: Challenges and opportunities within news media organizations: Fall and rise of business models. With Werner Meyer and Marc Sele
- Cultural journalism in Switzerland (2010-2012). Research Project in collaboration with the University of St. Gallen, funded by the Federal Office of Culture, Bern, Switzerland.
- Effects of media concentration and media crisis on the diversity of opinion in selected regions of Switzerland (2010-2011). Research study in collaboration with the University of Zurich and the University of Lugano, funded by the Federal Office of Communication, Biel, Switzerland.
At the Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
- Indicators for media pluralism in the member states (2007-2009). Research study in collaboration with the University of Leuven and the University of Budapest, funded by the European Commission, DG Information Society & Media. Co-Direction of part concerning the economic indicators for media pluralism. With Robert Picard
- Business Models of Newspaper Publishing Companies (2005-2006). Research study within the Media Future Research Initiative “Where NEWS?” funded by WAN-IFRA, Darmstadt, Germany. Co-Direction with Robert Picard